You want to feel happy and healthy. To achieve your goal, you explore every opportunity to take care of your health and wellbeing. But to date, you have fallen short of your goal. At this point, you may need extra help to accomplish your desired result.
There is no one-size-fits-all approach to feel happy and healthy. However, there are several tried-and-true practices you can use to feel your best day after day.
Use the checklist below to prioritize your physical and mental health and become a happier, healthier you.
- Eat nutrient-rich foods. Enjoy fruits, vegetables, and other foods loaded with vitamins, minerals, and nutrients.
- Stay hydrated. Drink four to six cups of water daily.
- Avoid missing meals. Eat meals at regular times throughout the day.
- Find an exercise regimen that works for you. Consider walking, kickboxing, and other calorie-burning activities.
- Exercise daily. Get at least 30 minutes of moderate physical activity daily; you can always consult with your doctor to determine what exercises to use and how often to exercise.
- Track your results. Set exercise goals and do your best to achieve them. If you miss a goal, try again or revise it. Or, if you achieve a goal, raise the bar for yourself and set a new one.
- Practice mindfulness activities. Use deep breathing, meditation, or other mindfulness activities to relax and revitalize your mind and body.
- Take breaks. Enjoy breaks throughout your workday so you can temporarily step away from the hustle and bustle of your job.
- Get help as needed. If you feel overwhelmed by work, consult with your manager. At this time, you and your manager can determine the best course of action to help you manage your mental wellbeing.
- Get an annual check-up. Meet with your doctor at least once a year for a physical examination.
- Limit or avoid alcohol and tobacco. Stay away from alcohol and tobacco, as both products can cause long-lasting physical health problems.
- Get plenty of sleep. Try to go to bed around the same time each night and wake up around the same time each day. Also, get eight to 10 hours of sleep per night.
- Resist the urge to take on too much. Manage your workload as best as you can. If you find your workload is too much to handle, notify your manager.
- Establish a healthy work-life balance. Work hard at your job but don’t forget to take care of yourself. Otherwise, your work-life balance can deteriorate, leading to burnout, exhaustion, and other health issues.
- Spend time with family and friends. At the end of the work day, enjoy fun events and activities with family and friends.
Want a Job Where You Feel and Perform Your Best? Techneeds Can Help
Techneeds is the premier New England staffing agency. Our team can keep you up to date on jobs where you feel and perform your best. To find out more, please get in touch with us today.